The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

Where to go offroading around Pensacola, FL?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to go offroading around Pensacola, FL?

I'm reporting to flight school in Pensacola, FL after spending a very cold six months in Virginia doing infantry officer training. I went off roading once in VA and would like to do some light offroading around Pensacola. I have a 1998 Expedition, 5.4, four corner load leveling suspension, 4x4. I don't want any crazy places with deep mud pits but a place where I won't get stuck. Thanks for the help.

Old 03-26-2003, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck in Pensacola...I'm actually from there (well Gulf Breeze) even though I live in Houston now.

There's a good place to go called Dixieland. From Pensacola, take Hwy 98 east about 1 mile or so past the zoo. Dixieland will be on your right - if memory serves me right, there's a hard-to-see dirt road turnoff right around there. Last time I was back there (at least 3+ years ago) there's a bit of mud, some decent sand trails, and even a path to get out to the sound. This was all back when I had the old BII, but I believe it's still a good place to mess around.

Mike

Quick Reply: Where to go offroading around Pensacola, FL?