Front Tire Leans Inward.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2000, 12:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Front Tire Leans Inward.

Hey Guys!

I just recently aquired my first F-150. It is a 97 F150 2 WD with 52,000 miles on it. The truck seems to be in really good shape other than I have noticed that the front driver's side wheel/tire is slightly leaning in with the top towards the engine. It seems to be more that way on the driver's side than the passenger's side tire. Does anyone know what might cause this, or what I can do to fix this? The truck has the towing package with (I'm assuming) heavier grade shocks if this makes any difference.
Thanks in advance!

Old 10-03-2000, 01:05 PM
Get it aligned.......Dave

------------------
1998 F-150, SC/Flairside,oxford white 4x2,4.6,auto,3.55s,nerf bars,cls 111 towing,bed liner w/mat,atlas polished wheels 16x8 w/Yokahama Geolandars 315/75/16s,all plastics guards/bug shields,air raid/k & n filter, superchipped, duals out the back corners, flow master 3 chamber, snug top lid, f-150 online sticker back window-honk if you see me!!! Fabtech 3 1/2 lift,3" spindles, 3" body lift=9 1/2 inches of lift.coverking dash cover, Lumi Logo's (front and rear), clear front corner lenses, muth mirrors,dash mounted CB, (TX Chapter requirement,lol),personalized license plates, Superlift traction bars,Image tail light covers (painted).

San Antonio
DWESSELS89@AOL.COM

Old 10-03-2000, 11:10 PM
Talking

Thanks, DAVENSA!

I was hoping it would be something as simple as that. I just wanted to get an idea before I took it in somewhere!

Old 10-16-2000, 01:17 AM
OK, now maybe I am wrong but wouldn't the alignment only change how the tires are aligned front-to-back and not the camber. What WOULD affect it on the other hand is possibly a bad set of bushings on your upper control arm. I could be wrong but maybe that is your problem.

Bones

------------------
2000 F-150, XLT, 4X2, Ext. Cab, S/B, 4.6L, 3.55 L/S, Tow Package, Sony CDX-C7050X Head Unit, 6.5' Sony Three Way Speakers In Each Door. Hopefully An Amp And 12' Sub Soon.

Future Mods: NONE, I'm broke.

Old 10-16-2000, 04:37 PM
The upper control arms have cam bolts to adjust the camber (doesn't come stock from factory)if there were any installed before they might have just slipped. Take it to the alignment shop they will let ya know.

------------------
99 Expedition 2wd 5.4L, Silver w/Dark Grey Int, Billet Grill (custom chrome insert), Door sills, pedals, brake cover, ant, wiper covers, fender badges, rear view mirror. Shaved roof rack & tail gate, fog light bumper color matched. Clear front corners, WMS intake, directional mirrors. DJM control arms, Toxic shocks, Front and Rear Airbag suspension with 4 wheel independent control, 20in CEC's w 295-40-zr20, Pioneer 7000cd, 9000R main unit, 12 disc changer, TV, VCR, Audiobahn 6.5 Comp Fr/R, Stealth Sub Enclosure, Alpine 100M amp. Clifford Avantguard G4, fully Dynamatted from front to rear, Nav tail lights, smooth wiper cowl, 2000 console.

Old 12-02-2004, 07:58 PM
an easy way to adjust you camber and fix your tire lean is to loosen the two cam bolts on the end on your control arm, jack up the truck and pull or push the tire so its straight and torque the bolts down to 70lbs to be sure they dont slip out again. worked for me

Quick Reply: Front Tire Leans Inward.