SuperCrew

Tie Rod Letter Available to View

Old 09-20-2004, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tie Rod Letter Available to View

Just for anyone still interested I have added a copy of the tie rod inspection letter in my gallery for your viewing pleasure...plenty of e-mails...figured this might be easier.

Old 09-20-2004, 11:17 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 09-21-2004, 02:04 AM
Just received my letter on saturday. So, they really are not intending to replace these as a recall?

Kind of makes me wish I bought the Toyota Tundra that was in the running when I got my screw. My experience with Toyota is much better than that with Ford. I got a new motor in my toyota after six (6) years, and they paid for it! Yes that's right six years and 65,000 miles...of course it took three months to get it back...but they put me in a rental car for the three months...

Maybe I won't get an '05 supercrew.

Old 09-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Cool

Just took my 2001 Screw into the dealers yesterday (09-20) to have a final look at my truck before the warranty is out in Oct. Of special interest to me was the letter I got from Ford regarding the tie rod ends. I was told that the tie rod ends are suseptible to rusting issues - but in this climate faulty tie rod ends are rare (as is rust). Under warranty they would have replaced them for free. I have a really good dealership and service rep. at Phil Long Ford in Lakewood/Littleton, CO. When you have to pay they are pricey but their work is the best! I am about to turn 31,500 miles and I like this truck just as well as the first day I owned it.

Semper Fi

Old 11-16-2004, 02:01 PM
i just filled out this claim. has anyone else?

http://www.tierodlitigation.com/
i found a claim in Canada but this one is for us residents....

Old 11-16-2004, 06:11 PM
my husband and i both drive f150's. we haven't had a problem to fill out the claim form, but i'm wondering why this isn't a recall issue. what can we do to push for that?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tie Rod Letter Available to View