LMI high riser rear seat lift

Old 09-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LMI high riser rear seat lift

I looked at the LMI welding site for the rear seat lift, but I have some questions about it. Does the rear upright seat rest remain in it's place? How does this rise affect the seat belts? It says it comes with seat belt extensions. When I looked at my truck, I thought maybe the whole assembly rose up. I talked to a car stereo guy today, and he said he has used large sockets as risers, with longer bolts. Does that sound right, or not? Thanks, Jumpn

Old 09-25-2008, 08:46 PM
I had it and don't really recommend it, its a PITA, doesn't really do much good, not very well designed, doesn't line up very well. There are 6 pieces, three angle shaped pieces for the back bolts on the floor of the cab(these dont really serve a purpose, except for the seatbelt extension piece) The other three are. 1. on the drivers side to raise the bottom of the seat, same on the passenger side, and one that goes on top of the piece in the middle of the seats(accounts for the 2 inches of lift) This probably doesn't sound like very good instructions but its the best I could muster up. Ask me anything else if you need help.

Oh and the back part of the seat stays in place, the bottom comes out and then up two inches.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:40 PM
If you are going to get one then go ahead and get the 4inch one. I have a 2001 Xcab and picked mine up off ebay for really cheap. I have yet to build the box for my sub, but with the seat raised up gives a lot more options on subs that you can put under it. It was pretty simple to install. Yes it has pieces that raise the seat belts up and the seat bottom. The back part stays in place. As for comfort, I am 5'10" and can still fit back there. However I have 2 small kids, both in car seats so my back seat is already taken up by their car seats. That's probably my only complaint is that their seats tend to bounce on the back glass when I hit a bump but nothing a small towl did not take care off.

Some folks on here have made their own. I picked mine up for about the cost of the materials.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If you have any fab skills at all, making a seat lift for the 97-99 Scabs is cake, and a heckuvalot cheaper than *most* that you can buy.

Sockets? Sounds like a waste of a good socket...and 3 bucks per socket. Instead of sockets it would be cheaper and probably stronger to get a length of tubing and cut multiple pieces to the lenght you need (2.5 inch, 3 inch, etc)

Old 09-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Well, have no fab skills, so that's out:o I don't have anything besides a couple old hack saws to cut metal and a drill for the holes. I would need longer bolts through the cab, through the lift also. If you could PM me with some details of what I could do, I would appreciate it. The way I picture it is a C-channel, with holes drilled in it for the bolts coming from under the cab to go through and secure, then holes in the top of the C-channel to bolt the seat platform to. Also would remove the center support bar. I may simplify it to just 1 10" sub, so I would have room for amps on the other side.
By the way, I looks like the seat belts should raise with the whole rear seat platform. I don't see where one would need extensions.
Thanks, Jumpn

Last edited by jump n; 09-30-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:45 PM
OK, maybe I'm tired, and please tell me if this is an unsafe, stupid, bad idea. I do have 2 boys that will be riding in the backseat. This may be a little redneck or ghetto, depending on your background. Anyway, what about a wood 2x2 riser? Could use long, thick lag screws to secure from underneath the truck through the original bolt holes, then also the lag screws from the top of the metal seat posts down into the 2x2. The more I type, the cheesier it sounds. Nevermind

Old 10-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by jump n
OK, maybe I'm tired, and please tell me if this is an unsafe, stupid, bad idea. I do have 2 boys that will be riding in the backseat. This may be a little redneck or ghetto, depending on your background. Anyway, what about a wood 2x2 riser? Could use long, thick lag screws to secure from underneath the truck through the original bolt holes, then also the lag screws from the top of the metal seat posts down into the 2x2. The more I type, the cheesier it sounds. Nevermind
i would not do that!!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:02 PM
No, do not do the lag screw thing....they will rip out so fast in a wreck; not good.

I think this is what you are trying to say with the C channel, which is usually how I tell people to do it....

Old 10-02-2008, 07:10 AM
yes, bartak, that's what I was originally envisioning. Thanks for the visual. I was thinking I needed longer bolts than the stock ones to secure the C-channel part. Never thought about turning them around. Thank you very much!! Jumpn

After I started typing that idea of the screws and wooden riser, I knew that was a bad idea. Sometimes you just have to say it out loud to realize that it wouldn't be too smart.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by jump n
yes, bartak, that's what I was originally envisioning. Thanks for the visual. I was thinking I needed longer bolts than the stock ones to secure the C-channel part. Never thought about turning them around. Thank you very much!! Jumpn
Bah, that just reminded me of how the bolts are there.

I was thinking there were nuts welded to the body and the bolts when through the risers into the floor, with the bolt head on the inside of the cab.

Now I cant remember for sure. Is there a stud with a nut on the front and a bolt you screw into the floor, or is it studs sticking out of the floor on all 4 corners???

I cant remember now

Old 10-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Angry A man came home form work late!

bump up then lurkA man came home form work late, tired and found his 5 years old son waiting for him at the door. "Daddy,may I ask you a questIon ?" "Yeah, sure, what is it?" replied the man. "Daddy, how much do you make an hour? " " If you must know, I make $20 an hour."" Oh,"the little boy replied, with his head down, looking up, he said, "Daddy, may I please borrow $10" the father was furious, "If the only reason you askedthat is so you can borrow some moneyto buy a silly toy, then you go to bed." The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. After about an hour or so,the man had calmed down. And started to think. Maybe there was something he really neededto buy with that $10 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the iIttle boy's roomand opened the door."Are you asleep, son?" he asked. "no daddy," replied the boy. "I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier." said the man, "Here's the $10 you asked for." the little boy sat straight up, smiling. "Oh, thank you daddy!" he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry agaIn. The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at his father. "Why do you want more money? Is you already have some ?" the father asked. "Because I didn't have enough, but now I do. "the little boy repiied, "Daddy , I have $20 now. Can I buy an hour of your time ?Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you."Thsale is a professional, loyal and reliable wow gold supplier online, we pioneered selling cheap wow gold. Welcome to thsale buy world of warcraft gold Buy Cheap WoW Gold, World of Warcraft Gold, Please look here! We are a Great MMORPG company. wow money and wow items,which is very cheap WOW Gold!All US Server 24.99$/1000G on sell! Cheap wow gold,rs powerleveling,wow power leveling,Buy Cheapest/Safe/Fast WoW US EU Gold Power leveling ------------------------------Chinese Tea, Green Tea, China Tea, Black tea, Oolong Tea,

Old 10-23-2008, 03:53 PM
So, did you get you seat lift in? I just recently bought one myself. Was it difficult to put in?

Old 11-04-2008, 07:14 PM
in my jeep wrangler i put hockey pucks under the seat to raise it... one puck = 1 inch... worked well with longer bolts... plenty of surface area, and cheap

Old 09-23-2009, 08:48 AM
i know this is old, but i wanted to try to get some other ideas on what can be used to luft the seat. i have a 97 scab that i bought a box to fit under the seat with 2 10's. box was originally in an 01 scab, so i need to lift the seat to get it to fit. musicmoose had a riser kit, but they only sell it with their boxes.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by ebxgsxr
i know this is old, but i wanted to try to get some other ideas on what can be used to luft the seat. i have a 97 scab that i bought a box to fit under the seat with 2 10's. box was originally in an 01 scab, so i need to lift the seat to get it to fit. musicmoose had a riser kit, but they only sell it with their boxes.
Ditto i need some ideas as well. I wanna fit a couple JL 12W3s under there some how. I have an 02 scab

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LMI high riser rear seat lift