EATC self-test, codes 12 and 49

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EATC self-test, codes 12 and 49

Hi,

I did self-test to my Navis (1999) eatc and it displayed codes 12 and 49 and I canīt find those codes anywhere or are those even codes afterall?

Old 12-28-2008, 05:00 PM
..... I forgot that blend door actuator is gone and I ordered new one, it maybe be here in Finland 15. january............ It is a long way from States to Finland...... I had to manually close door to heater position, it was geting quite cold to drive, outside temperature was -4*C / 25*F

Old 12-28-2008, 06:14 PM
a shop of workshop manuals for your truck would help you in answering all questions like this. might be worth it especially since you are over seas.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:45 PM
I have Chilton repair manual, Ford 1998-2000 workshop manual, Autodata-program in workshops computer and OBD tester and no help for those codes, I have used Google for hours hunting those to EATC codes and found nothing. And here in Finland isnīt any official or authorized US-Ford dealer or workshop, only few workshops focused on US-cars, but those are dealing mostly with older cars, drag racers and tuned cars and doesnīt know much about electronics, OBD or computer-controlled systems (meaning factory installed systems). Those workshops have sent cars to our workshop to me when there has been problems with OBD or factory electric-systems, mostly GMs and Mopars... other brands that I have to deal with, are Jaguars, Alfa Romeos, Land and Range Rovers, for those there are only 1-3 places in whole Finland who can fix'em.......

Old 12-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Old 12-28-2008, 09:35 PM
That would be heavy set of information... We have factory workshop manual, but for all US-Fords, not just trucks and those are not so precise, we found those from auction where they sold remainings of last finnish US-Ford dealer....... Those Truck WSMs are quite hard to find even in Europe, in Finland it is impossible to find, and I have noticed that buying and getting stuff here is very difficult, especially overseas.

I have nearly cried when looking internet pages of partstores and aftermarket parts there in States, such a low prices and parts available you couldn't even dream about..... If you order something from Finnish partstores who have some business with US-partstores, prices are 2-4 times higher and time of delivery is usually 3-8 weeks. Ordering yourself as privat person is "russian roulette"... you get what you get, when you get, if you get....

Old 12-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Why I suggest them is trying to find those specific EATC codes is going to be very difficult. Unless you find someone on here that already has a copy and can post.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:43 AM
I was hoping that someone here had same codes and had answers or have those Truck WSMs and could look if there were those codes. It would be perhaps too much to try to find and buy those manuals, just for few EATC codes, everything else could be found in those manuals we have already.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by JulleFin
Hi,

I did self-test to my Navis (1999) eatc and it displayed codes 12 and 49 and I canīt find those codes anywhere or are those even codes afterall?
You have a DTC (B)1249.

B1249 indicates an electrical fault with the blend door actuator.

Section 412-00 of the factory WSM has the diagnostic routine and pinpoint tests for this system.

Get your new actuator installed (when it finally arrives) and see what happens.

Steve

Old 12-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Thank you Steve.......

That was almost too simple answer, ...... very logical answer and ..... I feel stupid..... 2 digit display displays only 2 digits......

And code was just what it suppose to be, Blend door is only problem with EATC......

Old 12-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
You have a DTC (B)1249.

B1249 indicates an electrical fault with the blend door actuator.

Section 412-00 of the factory WSM has the diagnostic routine and pinpoint tests for this system.

Get your new actuator installed (when it finally arrives) and see what happens.

Steve
I found that pinpoint test from our WSM and did that and blend door was problem. I was just wandering those codes what those did mean, but that problem is soved now.

Quick Reply: EATC self-test, codes 12 and 49