F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Location of Keyless Code on Computer Module of Ford F250 Superduty ( 2007 )

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finding this code seems to be a common problem, so, here is a better answer to save you the time I spent locating the sticker on the computer module that shows the keyless entry code.

Mine is a 2007 F250 XLT Superduty. I suspect the location for a F150 would be very near same location as on a F250

The computer module is mounted high on the firewall approximately behind the a/c fan speed control ****. Here is how to find it / get to it:

1. Remove the large cover under the steering column that covers the fuse block. You'll need to reach in under the dash, with your left arm, to the right of the steering column and left of center to move stuff to get a clear view.

2. Open the storage pocket door on the lower edge of the dash (right of the steering column) and squeeze the back side of the storage pocket to allow the stops to pass to the front. This will allow the opening to be clear to see the computer module up in the dash. Shine your flash light through this opening.

3. Move the first piece of white insulation to the side to see the firewall. Look up through the pocket door, moving the wiring harnesses aside if necessary. You'll find a second white insulation wrapped snugly across the computer module. When you push the insulation up to see the flat surface, you see the 5 digit number printed up-side-down in black on a white sticker. This is your keyless entry code.

Instructions for Programming Keyless Entry Code Copied from the 2007 Owner's Manual

KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM (IF EQUIPPED)

You can use the keyless entry keypad to lock or unlock the doors without using a key.

The keypad can be operated with the factory set 5–digit entry code; this code is located on the owner’s wallet card in the glove box, is marked on the computer module, and is available from your authorized dealer. You can also create your own 5–digit personal entry code.

When pressing the controls on the keypad, press the middle of the controls to ensure a good activation.

Programming a personal entry code

To create your own personal entry code:

1. Enter the factory set code. The driver door will unlock.

2. Within five seconds press the 1 • 2 on the keypad.

3. Enter your personal 5-digit code. Each number must be entered
within five seconds of each other.

4. The doors will lock then unlock to confirm that your personal keycode
has been programmed into the module.

Tips:

• Do not set a code that uses five of the same number.

• Do not use five numbers in sequential order.

Good Luck - this worked easily for me!
Craig Carman

Old 08-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Wow, this is awesome. Haven't tried it yet but I'm going to as soon as I get home.
Damn dealer wanted to charge me $75 to change it when I bought the truck. The owners card wasn't in the truck so we didn't know what the code was.....dealer claimed it would be $75 for them to hook the computer up and retrieve the code I told them no thanks, I knew there had to be another way.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tycoz
....Damn dealer wanted to charge me $75 to change it when I bought the truck....
....I told them no thanks, I knew there had to be another way.
There is ALWAYS another way.

Damn dealer....LOL

Old 09-06-2009, 04:21 PM
craig_carman- Thanks for this info!!! Took me all but 5 minutes to find the code and change it to my own person #
This was awesome...stick it to the dealer!

Old 09-10-2009, 11:47 PM
i have a 2008 f350, im trying to locate the factory code but cant find it anywhere, would u know where the computer is located on the 2008 f350? thanks

Quick Reply: Location of Keyless Code on Computer Module of Ford F250 Superduty ( 2007 )