Weird Gas Smell

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird Gas Smell

Hello all. I have a puzzling situations on my hands. I have an 05 F150 with the 5.4L, I have 121,000 on the engine. The other day I started to get a gas smell in the cab when I start my truck and when idling. When you turn off the heater fan you cannot smell it but even if it is on low you can smell it, sometimes it is just about enough to make me sick. So I decided to take it in to the local Lincoln Mercury Dealer where I have had most of my service done and get it looked at. They looked at it for about 5-6 hours and could find nothing wrong with it, of course they troubleshoot everything with the heater fan off. They pressure tested the fuel system and found no leaks, they also did an emissions test to see if anything was wrong there and could not find anything. They basically told me I was crazy, well since then it is getting worse. Not really sure what could be causing this. The plugs were swapped out about 3 weeks before this started happening could that have something to do with it?? Any other suggestions?? Thanks all.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:05 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Take it back and explain in detail what is happening and when, and ask them to DRIVE it under those conditions, or even better, see if you can take a tech for a ride.

Quick Reply: Weird Gas Smell