2004 - 2008 F-150

04 Ford F150 Will not start

Old 08-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Ford F150 Will not start

Well driving to work last Wednesday. And my F150 Ford with Edge Programmer just up and the engine just shut off. I coasted into church parking lot.Tried to restart but engine will not turn over or crank I had headlights, windows, horn worked but nothing would come up on programmer it was not working. Just made a clicking sound behind the dash. I found the problem my Fuel pump driver module had a big hole burnt in it. It smelled really bad. I was happy to find that thought that solved my problem. But truck still will not turn over nothing checked battery checked fuses. I noticed there is a flashing red light on dash it looks like the security system light. Replaced the fuel pump driver module but truck still will not crank. And there is still a flashing red security light flashing. Anyone else have this problem? I would appreciate the help if anyone else has had this problem.

Last edited by twinvalley; 08-24-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 08-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I would check the fuses first. Not sure which is the fuel fuse, but there is a diagram in your manual, also may be one on the fuse lid. There is also a fuel switch down by the fuse box, see if that has tripped. What engine do you have?

Old 08-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I would check the fuses first. Not sure which is the fuel fuse, but there is a diagram in your manual, also may be one on the fuse lid. There is also a fuel switch down by the fuse box, see if that has tripped. What engine do you have?

I checked all the fuses they look fine none looked blown. I have a 5.4L V8 4X4.

Old 08-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Are you talking about the module thats on the cross member in front of your spare tire?

Old 08-20-2011, 02:48 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
What burned the hole in it? was it an electrical short in the wiring?

Old 08-20-2011, 03:11 PM
The garage just called they got my truck running. It had two problems First one: was pretty easy to find and fix the 1. FUEL PUMP DRIVER MODULE Second one: When they checked the fuses they discovered water behind the fuse box panel it had blown the whole fuse box panel apparently this is another fault to the 04 Ford F150 when you wash the truck or when it rains water comes from the hood there was a rubber plug there. So if anyone else out there has a truck and the engine just up and dies and the engine will not crank and they still have power windows, horn 1. CHECK ALL FUSES 2. CHECK FUEL PUMP DRIVER MODULE 3. CHECK FUSE BOX PANEL. What were the odds of it that two things at the same time go out. But thank all of you out there for your help!

Last edited by twinvalley; 08-24-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 04 Ford F150 Will not start