Now you can add navigation to your MyFord Touch

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now you can add navigation to your MyFord Touch

For those of you that have purchased a newer model Ford that has the MyFord Touch radios you can now add navigation to them if they were not equipped. I loaded up a couple Taurus SHOs with nav for the dealership.

This module can be added to the 2011-13 Edge, 2011-13 Explorer, 2013 Taurus, 2013 Flex, 2013 F-150 and 2011-2013 Lincoln MKX

There is another version one due out soon for the Focus, Fusion, and Escape

Software is the Tele-Atlass maps using the iGo Primo software

The kit comes equipped with the brain, speaker, gps antenna all harnessing needed. You will have to dismantle the LCD screen but is quite simple to do if careful. If your vehicle is not equipped with backup camera the harness has a input so that you can add camera to it.

They can be located from HERE

Last edited by KCAutosound; 07-02-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:55 PM
Nav for '14 F150

Would you know if and when it would be available for the MFT '14 f150's?

Just out of curiosity, what does the one you've been installing cost?

Old 06-17-2014, 10:13 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I'd love to add navigation... But 'dismantling the LCD screen' does sound like a recipe for disaster to me.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Barrett
I'd love to add navigation... But 'dismantling the LCD screen' does sound like a recipe for disaster to me.
Not that big of a deal. Couple of phillips screws, a few T30 and T15 torx screws and it pops apart quite easily.

There are a couple of systems available now.

The iGo version one comes from a couple different makers now. They all hover around the same pricing and I install them for the dealer for $950. Some offer only a external speaker and another one offers you to tie it into the driver's speaker. I will tell you yesterday I did a 13 edge with this one and I kinda didn't like it through the driver's speaker. It runs as a slave to the stereo's volume. You do have a way of adjusting the navigation's volume up higher but I then noticed that it sounded very distorted. The external speaker one sounded much clearer and it's nice that you can turn the radio's volume down without sacrificing the volume of the navigation.

As a bonus with this version you can ad an extra video source into it if you wanted to feed a video player into it I guess. I have never used this feature though. Most dealers just want navigation and a camera if it wasn't equipped. I don't even tell them about the extra stuff. Save me the headache.

Nav-TV has come out with their add-on navigation system (NTX54-FORD) as well. This one installs the same way but gives you GARMIN NAVIGATION!!! I much prefer this version over the iGO. This system however costs about $200 more. It has a external speaker as well. With this system you can also get the Optional LIVE NAV TRAFFIC lifetime subscription which I believe is about $100-$150.

Quick Reply: Now you can add navigation to your MyFord Touch