Rear tail light bulb replacement

Old 12-06-2001, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear tail light bulb replacement

Well, might as well make my first post a NEWBIE post, so here goes.....

I just recently purchased a 97 F-150 long bed/reg cab with the 4.6L V8. This is my tow vehicle for my little road racing car i have(was my daily driver)

Here is my problem:

My turn signals, hazzard, and parking lights all work(including the 3rd light on the cab). Heres my deal though. My rear tailights dont come on when the brakes are applied. What in the WORLD could this be?!

I figured it might be the bulbs(3157LL). I went to remove the taillamps and found that once i removed the two 10mm? screws, that the lamp assymbly is still attatched to something? What can i do?

I also bought a "4th" brake light for my reciever hitch and when i went to plug it in, it didnt work either.

I bought the truck from a reputable Ford dealer, and he is goin to take care of it as soon as i hand it over to them. But i am just curious as to what it could be?

Thank you,
Tony

P.S. Nice board by the way!

Old 12-06-2001, 09:11 PM
MP GSR,

Well since the trailer connector (4th brake lignt) doesn't work but the 3rd does, it's likely a wire issue somewhere between the cab and lamps. Could be either the switched +12 or ground wire(s). Both lamps may have failed, but not likely. As far as removing the light assemblies... in addition to the screws there are "ball-snap" type fasteners. Gently pull or pry the lens assembly back and to the right or left depending on which side you are working on respectively.

Old 12-07-2001, 08:03 PM
I really appreciate your help. Last thing i wanted to do was YANK on that assymbly and have it break. It seems everything is working OK now....i will however, keep checking. I may have a loose connection or bad ground. Even my reciever hitch brake light works now too.

Now, on to more PERFORMANCE oriented issues!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear tail light bulb replacement