Advice on 6in. lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up By the way

I did have to trim the front valance which you will see when you turn the front wheels and i have since trimmed the rear of the rear flares as well due to rubbage when having the bed loaded with wood and towing the camper.
There is some pics in my gallery for reference.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Suspended
The only problem i had when i put the lift on was when i was bolting up the front crossmember i had to do a little grinding to one of the brackets cause the welds were too thick for it to line up. Took a few hours of grinding with a grinder but not too bad. I also had to get a shop to press out the Front CV axle from the stock steering knuckle. I would recommend replacing the ball joints while you have it apart if you have some miles on them. It is really easy to do while you are installing the lift. I also put mine in so if you got any questions ill try to help as much as i can along with the other guys. Here is a pic of the bracket i had to grind down. There are more pics of the install in my gallery.

Last edited by cletusjermal; 03-13-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally did my install as well. It was awhile back but I did have a small issue with the ft. crossmember too though. Rather than grinding down the factory welds of the ft. support frame, I actually opened up one bolt hole (just a little bit) on the passenger control arm hole. I was able to line everything else up. I supported the ft. crossmember with a jack and lined the rest of the bolts up fine.

I haven't experienced any other issues with the set-up. I have an expedition and my rear system is Coil, so I wouldn't be able to give any input on the rear.

I am running a 3" body lift as well so I cleared 37's no problem. I'm actually thinking about going 38's next.

Hope I was of help.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:38 PM
^^^ pics ?

Old 03-14-2008, 07:12 AM
When i go to put the lift on a buddy of mine has a hydrualic lift in his garage, would using the lift make the installation a little bit easier??

Old 03-14-2008, 08:23 AM
It's always easier with the use of a lift. I think every house with a garage should come with one !

Old 03-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by bigrigpapa
It's always easier with the use of a lift. I think every house with a garage should come with one !
X2

Old 03-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Hey Cletus, howz La today ? I kinda miss it there, we just moved up to Va from Houma, La on the 1st of Feb. I don't miss all the mud there was down in Houma though. Nice to see rocks again !

Old 03-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by bigrigpapa
Hey Cletus, howz La today ? I kinda miss it there, we just moved up to Va from Houma, La on the 1st of Feb. I don't miss all the mud there was down in Houma though. Nice to see rocks again !
It is beautiful here today. It is sunny and suppose to be 80. Had to leave the truck in the driveway today and take the bike. Funny that you say you miss it here. I am from maryland and i kind of miss it there. I miss the mountains.

Quick Reply: Advice on 6in. lift